Monday, May 21, 2012

Father's Day Idea-Family Handprint Tree



    I am seriously committed to getting back to blogging, so I've decided to deal with all of the holes in my story from my last post to my current one. I am just going to plow right ahead, and patch some of those holes as I go. I was meaning to write about this in January, but seeing as Father's day is around the corner, it is fitting now. I found this great family handprint tree idea over at clean and scentsible , and the directions over at naptime decorator  and decided to make this for Rock (hubby) for his birthday. I won't go over the directions, as naptime decorator did an awesome enough job on that. 



I thought this quote was more fitting for our family "A family is a little world created by Love"-Author unknown 


This is where it is hanging in our hallway.  It is next to some of the other art I have started to frame by Bean and Tadpole.  It is over my awesome DIY Christmas Stocking holder which I will blog about one day. One day I will also take a better picture of this  when I finally kick this contagious virus' butt out of my system, my friend, the photographer will take an awesome picture of this. For now, you will have to settle for my crappy version. 



What made this project even more fun was scaring the crap out of  ROCK by blindfolding him. He said he was nervous I was going to hit him over the head with a shovel. Can't say the thought didn't cross my mind, but smearing his hand with paint, and freaking him out was just as much fun! 


So now we have an awesome memory hanging in our home of our entire family in 2012, including our exchange student who is now forever a part of our family. 



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done. I'd love to make one for my hubby for his first father's day.

    ReplyDelete