Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Mommy Look I so Pretty"

The last few days at my parents' we still hadn't made it to the zoo. Bean loves the zoo and this one has Pandas. " Mommy I want to see the Panda!" " I love him." "He's so cute." "He is black and white." I was planning this zoo field trip the moment we arrived to Ga. We didn't go the first few days because we were having poop issues (See earlier post). It was going to rain Tuesday and by Wednesday we would be on our next leg of our travels. So Monday was the last opportunity to make it to the Atlanta zoo.

There is one really important part of this story and it is called ATLANTA TRAFFIC or why I NEVER want to live there. I have never seen such bad traffic. I have heard about it enough but it wasn't until we got stuck in a big mess of it on the way back from Birmingham that added over an hour to our trip, that I realized how torturous it really is. A screaming baby and cranky toddler quickly teach you to NEVER EVER, NO NOT EVER make the mistake of heading near Atlanta anywhere near the time of rush hour. So to avoid traffic hell, I planned to leave for the zoo late enough in the morning to miss the traffic but early enough to enjoy the zoo and get back on the road before evening rush houe. So I decided we had to leave no later than 11.

I was a Mom on the move, I was determined to make this happen, but the morning had other plans. We woke up and I fed the boys breakfast and it was then realized I was in for it. Bean was in a mood and it was going to be a really rough day. He had just woken up and was cranking about everything. After breakfast, I got both boys dressed and put them in the only room that was almost childproof and started getting myself ready and then I heard screaming. After several trips in and out of the room and more screaming, I realized it just wasn't going to work. Out of desperation I put Tadpole in the pack-n-play. I never confine the little guy, so this didn't last long because he just screamed and I can't deal with that so I let him out and decided he would have to stay in the bathroom with me. Big mistake. He figured out how to get the circular shaped plastic cap that covers the screws that bolt the toilet into the floor off and in his mouth while I wasn't looking. This thing is too big too swallow and too big to get back out of his mouth. I had to pry it out and of course I cut the inside of his mouth and blood was everywhere and his outfit was ruined and he was screaming again. I felt horrible and checked his mouth all out because it made me a little nervous. I decided to nurse him and comfort him and at this point it was time for his nap. Bean decided to scream for me at this point and kept coming in and out of the room to bother me. I finally told him if he didn't go play in the other room and let me put his brother to sleep we wouldn't go to the zoo. I specifically told him to play with the ball game. My parents have a pool table and Bean kneels on a chair and rolls the balls in the holes and it is quiet, safe, neat, and entertaining for him. I am lying there with a baby attached to the breast and Tadpole is so close to being sound asleep, which means I can not get up but I am not hearing any balls rolling across the pool table. The baby finally falls asleep, and I get up and forget to check on Bean and go into the bathroom to hurry because now it is getting late. I hear Bean again "Mommy Look I so Pretty"

Bean says this a lot so I reply "Yes Bean you so pretty"

"Mommy I pink."

OK now that's a new one.

"Bean come see Mommy"

"Mommy look I so pretty, I pink."

And that is when I looked at him and saw this




Nice pink hi-liter that won't come off. My first thought racing through my head was "OH SHIT, WHAT ELSE DID YOU COLOR?" Luckily just himself. Needless to say pink boy, sleeping baby, and I, never made it to the zoo! Maybe this summer when we go back to Georgia. Later that evening he tells his Pop about his day. " I didn't go to the zoo because I color myself pink." " I soo pretty." I did have a long talk with Bean about not drawing or coloring on himself especially before I took the pictures for the blog. I don't think he got the message after what he said to my Father and the fact that he just drew on himself the other night at his Godmother's.


Daily Gratitude
* a nap
*chai tea
*capturing Tadpole walking on video

Running:I have run quite a bit the past week. Twice outside with the boys. It is taking a bit to get used to the baby jogger again and the heat. I ran on the treadmill at the gym for 5 miles and that was a lot easier. My pullups are greatly improving now that I have a bar for the house. I can do one close grip pull-up. I am getting there.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment