Sunday, April 25, 2010

Tadpole walking

After 18 days of traveling with the boys I am a little tired. I have driven with them to Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, Hinesville, Ga and back home. I decided to rest a bit last night and was sitting on the couch wasting my time on the computer when right behind me, Will calls out "Tadpole just took 3 steps all on his own!!!"



Dear Baby Tadpole,

What is that? We have been inseparable the past 2 1/2 weeks! The minute I even think about walking away from you, you let out this squeal that is piercing to the ears as if I just went on a European holiday and left you behind and didn't tell you if I was coming back. We co-sleep, I wear all 26 pounds of you most of the time you are awake, and you have an open bar all night long that nourishes those muscles that have made it possible for you to move. I'm not complaining... I'm just saying... the minute we arrive home you decide to show off for your Daddy. I see how it is. I'm food and comfort and you know that you have me wrapped around your finger so well that I am not going anywhere. I'd love you no matter what. You have learned that fast after how many times you've puked on me, or... gasp...bitten me while you were eating. But, Daddy well he is funnier and more exciting and he doesn't feed you, and he leaves a lot during the day, so you need to impress him right? It couldn't possibly be that when you look at him you get so excited that you want to rush right over to see him that you toddled your two feet right on over???!!!!! However, you win because you are snuggled right up into my side sound asleep right now, and I love you more this minute than I did the last and nothing is going to change that.

Now for the record, Bean  did the same thing. Yup, that is right. I went to teach yoga one evening and Bean was about 9 1/2 months old and during the 2 hours I was gone, he decided to walk across a room!!


Daily Gratitude- I'll update the rest later this evening

* Waking up to rain
* The smell of a baby
*homemade food


Running not this evening. I am resting until I am not covered in so many mysterious bruises??
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment