Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gratitude Day 4



Today I am grateful for my yoga practice. Being introduced to yoga at fifteen took me down a very different path in life. The friends I met at the yoga center, including David, have all influenced me to be a better person. Thanks to the giving heart of Bharata, I was able to take the yoga teacher's training at 17 for free. I had no idea at the time that this would provide me with a job during much of my college career.   My yoga practice has completely changed my outlook on life. At this point, it is so ingrained in my life that I am not even sure to what magnitude it has influenced it.  I know because of yoga, I rarely watch tv, I've never been drunk, smoked a cigarette or used any illicit drugs, my natural childbirths were much easier, I am more gentle with the world, I pay attention to my breathing, I walk lighter, I listen to more spiritual music, I breathe better, I have better control over my physical body, I feel more connected to the universe and all the amazing living beings on this planet. Yoga has gotten me through some of the most difficult times in my life and right now I am exceptionally grateful to have yoga to turn to.Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment