Saturday, January 4, 2014

How to Create a Seashell Wreath




I was searching through pinterest and came across a picture of a seashell wreath and decided I wanted to make two for the french doors in my house. The original post with great directions  can be find over on Cindy's blog at romantichome.blogspot.com How To Make a Seashell Wreath. While my boys were away at Nonnie camp this summer, I made them, and good thing I did it without them around. I am really pleased with how they turned out.




Cindy isn't kidding when she says you will need a lot of shells.
 This took a lot longer than I was expecting, but they were definitely worth the time. You do want to pay attention to how you are arranging the shells, so they all do not end up going in the same direction.


 To hang then from my french doors, I used  3M hooks and adhered them upside down on the backs of the doors, so the ribbons could hang off of them. I also used 3M Command picture hanging strips  to secure them to the doors. Tip: place the strips on the wooden grilles of the doors so you won't see them on the other side.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment